Social media is the new way to reach your customers in today’s digital age. When using social media, you have to make sure that your content is reaching the right people. But how do you do that? Below, we will outline 6 ways for you to find your customers.
1. Know Your Niche
Having a focus for your social media marketing is important for success, and a great way to hone in on this focus is by finding your niche. Your niche market is the target market that your advisory services are catered to. You can use a variety of segmenting criteria such as education, demographics, career, age, values, interests, financial goals, etc to develop your niche. For example, your niche may be retirees who want to learn how to manage their income during retirement. Once you know your niche, you can more easily target them on social media. This will give you more bang for your buck, and you will be able to build better relationships.
2. Know Where They Are
You found your niche, that’s great! Now it’s time to figure out what social platform(s) they are on. You don’t want to waste your time developing a presence on channels where your niche is nonexistent. As you can see from the chart below, if you wanted to target retirees, the best social platform to do that would be Facebook. Knowing who uses what platform helps you best utilize your resources and put them where they matter.
3. Create A Well-Mixed Content Strategy
Now you know who your niche is and you know where they are. Next, you need to engage them. As a financial advisor, it’s important to determine what type of content resonates best with your audience. For example, do they prefer lifestyle blogs over personal finance blogs? Do they like infographics more than watching videos? To answer these questions, you can tap into your social media analytics and see which posts are performing the best. Finding the right content mix may take several tries, but a great way to start off is by providing a mix of content types:
- Infographics – infographics are a great visual way to offer information.
- Lifestyle content – lifestyle content is content that covers the overall interests of your buyer’s outside of your product or brand. This type of content has high engagement from advisors’ followers, and you should incorporate lifestyle content into your marketing strategy. For tips on how to do this, check out How to Integrate Lifestyle Content Into Your Marketing Strategy for Financial Advisors
- Lead Pilot offers a large collection of lifestyle content that financial advisors can use. You can use this content as-is, or customize it any way you want!
- Personal finance editorial content – personal finance content gets into the financial information that your audience wants to learn about.
- Video – In general, people prefer to watch videos over reading text.
- Reshare others’ content – you should share original content and reshare others’ content. The rule is typically to post other people’s content 80% of the time and original content 20% of the time.
4. Tap Into Groups
When your posting, posting, posting, it can seem like your stranded on an island alone. Identifying and engaging in various groups that are specific to your niche can be a great way to be heard and tap into an entirely new and ever-growing group. On Facebook, your company can become a member of a group and post as a business. With this feature, your posts will be guaranteed to be seen by people who are interested in your content. This is a highly targeted form of marketing and can lead to huge success. LinkedIn has also started to enable similar features – now you can share content with groups from your business page. Below you can see the groups page on Facebook, which will include Facebook suggested groups based on your friends.
5. Use Calls-To-Action
It’s important to show your followers what you want them to do. Posts that include CTAs have much more of a chance to get engagement than posts that do not include CTAs. Making your CTA enthusiastic, putting an exclamation point, and mentioning numbers when possible will provide even more value to build new relationships. Your CTA could be anything – some examples are listed below:
- “Share this post with your friends!”
- “Comment below if you want a guide”
- “Subscribe yo our YouTube channel for more tips.”
- “Learn more here”
6. Try Boosting
Advertising or boosting on social media can be great for attracting new followers and allow you to really hone in on your niche. Boosting your social media posts is a marketing tactic that is used to exponentially boost the number of people who see your content. The concept is simple: you pay to have your posts appear as sponsored content in people’s timelines. The more you pay, the more people will see it. Not only can you reach a wider audience, but you can also reach a more targeted audience. For example, if your niche is retirees, you can choose to target your post to only U.S. men and women in their 60s.
For more information on boosting posts, check out Boosting Posts on Facebook: A Financial Advisors
Ready to Switch Up Your Marketing Strategy?
Lead Pilot is a powerhouse marketing platform for the modern financial advisor.
Sign Up for Lead Pilot today for Exclusive Blogs,
Social Media Scheduling, Archiving Solutions, and much more!
About The Author
Namisha is a Content Creator at Twenty Over Ten, passionate about fostering community growth. A Bollywood enthusiast, she loves to travel and hopes to experience all seven wonders of the world.