Let’s end the week with the first Feature Friday of November. It was a busy week, and we hope that you got a lot of things accomplished. Before you head into the weekend to relax, check out some of our favorite reads of the week on content marketing, virtual team building, video content and more!
When it comes to marketing, you may be very excited about something but your plan doesn’t quite come to fruition as the execution wasn’t quite what you had imagined. Strategy and execution are two very different things, and according to Harvard Business Review, only 8% of business leaders are good at both of them.
So, when it comes to successful financial advisor content marketing, these are three crucial ingredients that should be involved.
Strategy – This involves setting goals and drawing out the roadmap for how you will accomplish those goals
Execution – This is where you take your strategy and turn it into real deliverables.
Analysis – You need to look at key metrics after you have sent/published all of your deliverables and using those analytics to better how you work in the future.
Read on to find out more!
If you give your potentials clients a range of next steps that you should take, then this is a great way to showcase your depth of knowledge and expertise, however, it is best practice if you simply tell them what they need to do next. Some ways to do this are:
- Use specific but non-confrontational language.
- Practice saying these words out loud so you become accustomed to hearing yourself say this.
- Keep working to grow your confidence in the advice you are giving and understand that you are helping people to make the best financial decisions.
For more on this subject, check out the quick video from Paul Kingsman.
People have been meeting virtually with their team since March and while there have been some creative ways that people have been connecting, people are starting to miss in-person meetings. To keep spirits high during these difficult times, team building has been important. So, how have people been connecting virtually? Some examples of events have been:
- Quiz Trivia
- Scavenger Hunt
- Team Making Pizza
- Holiday Competitions
So, when trying to run a successful team event, here are five tips for doing this.
- Keep your staff involved
- Set the stage
- Keep your event structured
- Plan with the right resources
- Identify a master of ceremonies
Read on for more on these tips!
In the digital era, content needs to be compelling or it will quickly lose the attention of its audience. Including video as a part of their marketing strategy is a great way to do this, and here are 4 key benefits as to why.
- Multimedia does well on device screens
- Using video makes learning more convenient
- Your audience can become more familiar with your personality
- Conversion rates are increased by clips and footage
For more details on why you should use video in your content marketing, give the entire article a read!
Are your client relationships growing? If not, then it’s crucial that you are looking for opportunities to grow your client relationships, and here are 20 times that you can.
- Company crisis
- Personal crisis
- Client Dissatisfaction
- Differing opinions
- Executive change
- A change in environment
- Speaking truth to power
- When others make mistakes
- When there is an incumbent transition
- If there is a balance of trade
- Participating in client listening activities
- Making targeted investments
- Saying no
- Finding a buyer
- Creating a new relationship environment
- Bringing new people into the relationship
- Taking a competitor’s perspective
- Proposing long-term partnerships
- Doing joint account planning
That’s quite a list, so read on to find out more details about each.
Struggling With What Content to Share on Social Media or via Email?
We are offering access to our content for advisors to use via Lead Pilot for 7-days completely free (even on our month to month plans).
Get All The Details Here
About the author
Blair is a digital marketing assistant at Twenty Over Ten and has a passion for uncovering what drives online traffic and the highest engagement. She follows more animals on Instagram than humans and her greatest achievement is her daughter, Grey.