How is it already the last Friday in June?! It seems like this month really flew by, and now we’re already preparing for the Fourth of July next week. Before you head into the holiday week, be sure to check out our favorite reads on graphic design for social media, recruiting financial advisors and growing as an advisor.
1. 8 Graphic Design Tips That All Social Media Marketers Should Know [Infographic] via Social Media Today
With so many visuals and designs in today’s marketing world, it’s becoming more and more important to have a knowledge of graphic design as a digital marketer!
While many marketers may not have full graphic design training, it’s helpful to have an understanding of key design tricks and principles to help you create better stories, posts, and improve your social media presence.
Check out the infographic below for more details and information!
Everyone wants to achieve their big goals, but it’s not going to happen overnight! When trying to reach the top, you should set a lot of small goals to get you there. In this week’s video, Paul Kingsman has tips to help you reach your goals.
- Define your big, long-term objectives with specific numbers.
- Get excited about small goals, but still keep your “big picture” goal in mind.
- Give yourself credit for succeeding in accomplishing those small steps.
Check out the video for more details!
In the world of financial advisors, there is a lot of negotiation that goes into the recruitment and hiring process. Younger employees entering the workforce are very tech-savvy and highly educated, giving them a lot of negotiation power. When it comes to recruiting the next generation of young, savvy advisors, there are tips to help:
- Before you start your search
- Finding high-quality candidates
- Ways to entice candidates to your firm
- Contacting the candidates
This is just a way to get started, so for more in-depth information check out the full article!
Referrals are a big part of being an advisor, but a lot of advisors have trouble with this part. In this podcast some of the things that you will be learning are:
- Where financial advisors can begin with getting referrals.
- How the fear of sounding desperate is a self-sabotaging belief.
- Way to deal with the fear of sounding desperate when asking for referrals.
- How to set clear expectations with your COIs and other existing clients.
- The influence of having a niche has on a financial advisor’s ability to get referrals.
- How Michelle helps advisors find their niche.
- What the communication training by Michelle Donovan and Patty Kreamer to their clients looks like.
For more details on the ins and outs of this topic, check out the full podcast!
Growth is slow and many times it is not noticeable. Even though most people grow as students, in life, as financial advisors, it is not always guaranteed. As you grow, you can go in one of two directions, and that is positive or negative.
Being aware of growth and striving towards it is necessary to achieve new things, and there are three things that need to happen for it to happen. The growth needs to be:
Find out how you can utilize these things and grow to be an even stronger financial advisor in the article!