It’s the last Feature Friday of July, and we can’t believe it! We hope you’ve had a great week and are ready to kick-off the weekend. However, before you roll out of work today, check out some of our favorite reads on a social media strategy, enhancing your firm through your people and content creation.
1. Connecting Is Making Us Lonelier Than Ever (Distraction-Proof Advisor Idea Video #150) via Paul Kingsman
Even though we are more connected than ever before with all of the technology out there, this can actually make people feel lonelier than ever. As an advisor, how do you go about changing this?
- Conduct a tech audit on yourself: how much of your personal time and emotional energy get spent online? Are you comfortable with that? Should you be?
- Set boundaries around your use of digital media with limited time blocks.
- Be discerning about who you listen to and permit to influence you.
Check out the video to find out how to combat the use of technology and how it can make people feel lonely!
An awesome social media strategy is a huge part of your overall content marketing strategy, which is why it’s important to make it so strong. These four steps will help you to optimize your social and work towards building your brand.
- Start by defining your goals
- Define your target audience
- Choose your social media platform
- Audit your performance
For more details on creating a killer social strategy, check out the infographic below!
In order to have a truly awesome business, it’s pertinent that your team communicates well with each other and that you understand the people and your firm as a whole. In today’s podcast, Genevieve Thayer, EPC and co-founder of Beacon Partners LLC will be sharing some of the insight she’s gained through 20 years of providing executive and leadership coaching for financial advisors and entrepreneurs. Some of the things you will discuss are:
- How your business can benefit from working with Beacon Partners
- The importance of self-assessment, especially with those at the top of a business
- What your EQ is and why you should work to optimize it
- The link between your values and your identity
- The personal side of Genevieve
- And more!
Find out more in the full podcast and in the above link!
With all of the technology and internet access these days, really anyone can create content and put it out there. So, what do you do when the user-generated content put out there is not quite what you want? Maybe it doesn’t show your business in the best light, whether it’s via reviews, social media, images, etc. Find out what you should do to combat UGC that isn’t quite what you want!
Content creation as a financial advisor can definitely seem daunting, especially with everything else that you have going on at work! Here are six of the top reasons that advisors may not want to start creating content.
- Compliance can be difficult to navigate.
- You feel like you don’t have time.
- Nobody will read or watch it.
- You may feel that somebody else is better at it.
- You don’t know what to write about.
- You don’t think you’re a good writer.
Try to forget about all of these things and get started! Creating content is a great way to drive traffic and prove that you are a thought leader in the industry. When getting started, ask yourself these three main things.
- Is my purpose clear?
- Is it helpful?
- Is it action-oriented?
For more details on content creation, check out the full article.