We hope that you have had a great week and are enjoying the new year! We’re in full swing here as we approach the middle of the month, and we wanted to share five of our favorite reads of the week. Check out some awesome articles on logo design trends, setting goals and business writing. Enjoy!
2020 is the time to start fresh at work, so are you thinking about a new logo design this year? A logo is such an important part of your business, so you want it to stand out and for people to remember it. There are a lot of trends that we will see this year, so check them out!
Some of the things that will be included on this list are:
- Original geometry
- Unusual fonts
- Cluttered design
- Chaotic arrangement
- Geometric letters
- Text destruction
Check out the infographic below for more detail!
When setting ambitious goals, self-doubts can creep in. What if you miss your objectives? Consider that, but then focus on, “What if I don’t miss?” How do you avoid these feelings of doubt that may arise?
- Determine what you want to achieve and get excited about it.
- Consider what will happen if you don’t hit all your objectives. Is it terrible? (Probably not.)
- Move forward toward your goals with an appropriate perspective: even if you don’t fully achieve your daring goals, the results will still likely be outstanding.
Need more tips on setting goals? Check out the video from Paul Kingsman.
The new year is all about making resolutions, but many times a resolution is not the most effective way to inspire you. Instead of making one of these to inevitably break them, it’s time to challenge yourself and set a goal, reason or intention. You can start by doing this in the workplace, so Zoë Meggert, writer and founder of Perfectly Planned Content has 3 reasons to improve your business writing this year. They are:
- You will have stronger communication
- Your audience will notice and respond to this, therefore, creating stronger engagement.
- Your story will shine through
For more details about these reasons, check out the full blog post.
Privacy issues are becoming more of a concern, and because of this, more emails end up in spam than they used to. This is a concern for marketers obviously, so making sure emails reach the intended recipient is increasingly difficult. Despite this, investing in email marketing and utilizing this as a part of your overall strategy is growing. Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you leaving money on the table?
- Are you using an outdating email delivery system?
- Are you paying attention to your customer behavior?
- What is the best technology to use and engagement strategy?
For more details and answers to these questions, check out the entire blog from The Financial Brand!
Ranking locally is something that every business owner strives for, but it can be difficult with all of the spam and clutter that is in Google. So, how do you cut through the mess and have SEO success in the new decade? There are 3 levels with immense detail in the blog, and they start with this:
- Level 1: Feed Google
- Level 2: Fight Google
- Level 3: Flip Google
What does this mean? Check out the blog to find out how to rank locally and make this year your best yet!