Happy Friday! It’s been a busy and productive week, and we can’t wait to welcome the weekend with our Feature Friday with some of our favorite articles on how to better use social media as an advisor, why innovation is the key to success, helping your team with burnout, social media trends and much more.
When it comes to using social media as an advisor, how do you suggest that they are connecting? Instead of asking clients if they want to connect on social media, try asking what topics they are interested in learning about and then follow-up to see how they want to receive it. As we enter 2021, advisors need to consider how they are using social media for these reasons.
- 1. Social media allows for followers to really see you
- It allows you to share meaningful content
- Social media helps you to connect with clients in their real lives
- You can connect with the next generation
- Social media makes it easier to share with prospective clients
For more information on how to use social correctly, check out the entire article.
In order for advisors to accept change, they should be aware that it’s needed. Guest Bill Hortz is here to discuss the importance of advisors accepting change and to chat about what is in store for the future of advisors. Give this episode a listen to find out more about:
- How to adapt to the change that is happening so quickly
- How the Institute for Innovation Development gets advisors ready for change
- Which areas of financial services are expected to change quickly in the next two to three years
- The difference between innovation and technology
- Ways for advisors to develop an innovative mindset
- The four most needed areas in financial services for deploying an innovative mindset
- And so much more!
People are going to experience stressful situations at work under normal circumstances, but in the midst of a global pandemic, things have been stressful for months now. Preparing for the holidays can add to this stress, as well, so how can you help your team with burnout and stress?
It’s essential that you understand how stress ties to performance and that you balance the stress. When assessing the stress level of your team, ask these questions:
- Are you being realistic about goal setting?
- Are you taking one step at a time, rather than trying to do to many things at once?
- Are you balancing at-work with hobbies and/or creative projects?
- Are you eating according to body size and needs?
- Are you taking regular breaks to exercise?
- Are you trying to do too much at once? If so, what is one thing you can accomplish to keep a goal moving forward?
- Are you getting in a hurry to get things done?
- Are you allowing yourself and staff time to think and process change without telling people what they should or should not be doing?
- Are you creating unrealistic high expectations?
- Are you working too many hours?
- Are you skipping meals?
- Are you working without breaks?
When it comes to planning, it’s important that you are exploring the opportunities first and dig deeper with strategies that will help clients to create frameworks where realistic goals can be created. With this type of planning, you can work on forming stronger relationships with clients so that you can find ways to best adapt over time.
From a “possibilities-based planning” foundation, advisors can focus on asking the types f questions that lead to meaningful conversations around helping clients:
- Discover what is most important to them
- Identify their desired future state,
- Build a framework where they can build and reach their goals
This is a podcast that you don’t want to miss, so make sure you tune in!
We have learned how important it is to connect socially throughout the past year, and as we head into 2021, there are several trends to keep in mind for Facebook. Ten of the key things to look for in the coming year are:
- Facebook Live is back
- The AR ecosystem on Facebook
- The growth of Facebook video marketing
- Private, interest-driven communities
- Include online shopping experiences
- Facebook News Feed ads format will remain strong
- The potential of Chatbots
- Support for small businesses
- User-generated content
- Hashtags usage to improve reach
For more on each, check out the full infographic below.
Struggling With What Content to Share on Social Media or via Email?
We are offering access to our content for advisors to use via Lead Pilot for 7-days completely free (even on our month to month plans).
Get All The Details Here
About the author
Blair is a digital marketing assistant at Twenty Over Ten and has a passion for uncovering what drives online traffic and the highest engagement. She follows more animals on Instagram than humans and her greatest achievement is her daughter, Grey.