Who is excited to kick off the month of August with the first Feature Friday of the month? We know that we are! Read along as we share from of our favorite articles on marketing, social media and video.
1. Episode 185-14 Rules of Advisor Marketing Success via Top Advisor Marketing
As a financial advisor, you work hard to improve your advisory firm and set yourself apart from other businesses. Some of the things you need to do include focusing on a niche and being on social media. A few other helpful tips that you’ll learn about include:
- How to find what will separate you from other advisors
- What it means to be relevant (and where a niche comes in)
- Different ways to promote you and your business
- The link between your values and your identity
- Why we say, “Don’t keep your secrets secret”
Check out the full podcast for additional information on how to find
When an advisor is assessing a firm, how important is brand? These days, when advisors are contemplating a move, it’s important for them to keep some things in mind and ask the following questions.
- Is the advisor looking to create his own brand or is he looking to find a better fit from amongst established names?
- To what extent has the advisor relied upon the firm’s identity to establish himself—and will separating from that identity impact the business in a negative way?
- How big a factor is a brand name in the consideration of a new firm or business model?
- Are the clients attached to the big brand name—or do they recognize their relationship as being with the advisor?
For more details on brand as a financial advisor, check out the full article.
Client events are a great way to network and meet more prospects while catering to your current clients. It’s important to remember that the more money you spend on existing clients, the less you have to spend trying to replace other ones. Some of the types of events that are good to host are:
- Educational Events
- “Lets Not Do Business” Events
- Client Advocate Events
When it comes to event planning, there are some things that you need to keep in mind.
- Stay active and host a variety of events.
- Be creative. Clients enjoy different events, becoming friends with each other, and they appreciate being a valued part of the business.
- Try to make every event a special experience.
- Track your events.
Find out more about how ot make the best of client events in the article.
Social media usage is continuing to grow and it’s becoming more and more a part of our daily life, both personal and business! Whether you like it or not, it’s not going anywhere, and it is a very effective marketing tool.
If you are trying to find out more about the “why” of social media for your business, then check out the helpful infographic below.
Marketing experts have been trying to get brands and businesses to use video more for years. When you think about what you have seen online today, what has made you stop to think? It’s probably video! When it comes to video, there are a few things that firms struggle with though to make it happen, and those are:
This is a lot of worry about, so it’s no wonder so many people shy away from video. Don’t worry, though, as they have put together the A-B-Cs of video marketing to help with this. Check out the full article to find out.